Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Squirrels

I'm looking out the window, watching the squirrels as they live their lives, going on about their business, not knowing that I'm watching them. Their whole world is there in front of them. All they know is what they can taste, smell etc.

The squirrels don't realize there is a whole universe they know nothing about. There is so much going on around them and they're completely unaware if it. They are only one tiny part of a whole.

All around them on every side there are things going on and they have no idea.

I'm the same as the squirrels. My world is all I know. There is so much going on around me and I can't see it or feel it or even understand it but its there.

Just like the squirrel doesn't have the capacity to understand even if it were explained to him. I think the truth of reality is beyond my meager brain to understand.

I believe the teachings of the Buddha to be true. But knowing the truth and experiencing the truth are two different things.

I have absolute faith that at some point I WILL understand. I will see the natural way of things. Probably not in this lifetime, but that's okay. As long as I do only good and no harm then that's okay.

I am going to keep training my mind until it IS capable of seeing things as they really are.



No comments:

Post a Comment