Friday, April 5, 2013

I see myself changing

It's incredible the changes I'm seeing in myself over the last weeks. The clothes I wore, my makeup, hair and how others perceived me was always so important. Not now. I've quit wearing makeup, jewelry, etc. I have no need for it.

I have quit drinking. I've become a vegetarian. I have been able to deal with things very calmy and peacefully, when in the past I would have acted with anxiety and worry. There are many examples. Some changes were made on purpose, others happened naturally. As the Buddha said , don't take my word for it that what I say is the truth, use the teachings and practices I have shown you and you will see the proof for yourself.

I surely am seeing that studying the sutras and meditating and being mindful has been amazingly beneficial. And these changes have happened in only two months. I'm so excited to be the person I am becoming. Or maybe it's more of an unbecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment