Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Watching the breath

Earlier while meditating, watching the breath. I started thinking about what makes the self. Normally I interrupt the thoughts and go back to the breath, but I let it go on.

I started thinking about what makes me me. Where is the self? In this part? In that part? Of course I read about this all the time and hear it talked about in dhamma talks, but this time thinking about it while meditating I saw it in a completely different way, from a whole different perspective. 

Now that I'm not there in that moment it's hard to explain. It's kinda like I was seeing things very clearly. And then of course I ruined it because I got excited, lol. 

I was like "Hey...is this what meditation is all about? Being able to think clearly like this? Am I finally getting somewhere? Lol.

I'm not sure really. Should I just stay with the breath? Or should I follow these thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment