Thursday, July 11, 2013

Habitual reactions

Sometimes I laugh at myself when I observe my habitual reactions to things. It almost seems I have no part in it at all. I automatically feel and act the same way I have felt and acted before to any given situation.

Since becoming a meditator I can see this clearly. Often times I am able to stop the habitual reaction but at other times its not until after I have reacted that I realize I've acted habitually without any thought.

Sometimes I will become angry about something and a moment later I will catch myself and literally start laughing because I realise how silly it all is.

I don't have to be angry...ever. I can just be...just be. And let things be as they are.  
This is easier said than done. But it becomes easier and easier. I look forward to the time when everything I do and say is exactly what I want to do and say and not just reaction without thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment